This Policy is intended to address flags allowed to be flown on City of Medford flagpoles.
II. Flags allowed to be flown
The Mayor authorizes the following flags to be flown on City-owned flagpoles as an expression of the City's government speech:
- The official flag of the United States of America
- The official flag of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The official flag of the City of Medford
- The official flags of the various branches of military services of the United States of America
- The official MIA-POW flag.
- LGBTQ+ Pride Flags.
- Juneteenth Flag.
No other flags shall be allowed to be flown on City-owned flagpoles as those flag poles and this policy are not intended to establish or serve to create a forum for private expression.
Adopted by the City, by and through the Mayor: Dec. 14, 2023.