Pay Bills & Excise Tax Info
Excise Tax – Bill (current)
Excise Tax – WARRANT (from Kelley & Ryan)
If you have a vehicle or trailer registered in MA as of January 1st, or a boat registered as of July 1st, then you will receive an excise tax bill for the upcoming year. If you register a vehicle or boat during the year, you will then receive an Excise Tax bill for the number of months in that calendar year. You are required to pay the bill in full and on time.
- Payment links above.
- If you need to obtain your Excise Tax bill number, please request it from the Collector/Treasurer Office or leave them a message at (781) 393-2550.
Then, if you sold or otherwise transferred the vehicle or boat out of your name AND either cancelled or transferred the registration in the same year, you can apply to receive an abatement (partial, pro-rated refund) for the months remaining in the year.
- Online Excise Tax Abatement Application
- How to cancel your vehicle registration license plates with the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV)
- Excise Tax Info + Explanation
- For more information, please go to Assessor's Office -> Excise Tax