Information Technology (IT)
We Enable city operations by consistently delivering reliable and secure services, innovative solutions, and best-in-class customer service.
What We Do
The City of Medford Information Technology Department along with our partner TOSSC3 provides City of Medford with technology solutions and support. We strive to provide timely support, and stable technology systems to address the needs of various City departments; so, they can in turn provide Medford residents with vital services. The primary functions of the Department are defined below:
- To enhance productivity to City Departments.
- To provide technical support services to City departments.
- To provide leadership and technical solutions to business needs and functions.
- To provide leadership in purchasing hardware and software to maximize value.
- To enhance communications, collaboration, and the flow of information.
- To provide the public access to City services and information in an efficient manner.
- To manage and optimize software licensing programs.
- To manage technology vendor relationships and contracts.
- To develop and implement beneficial information technology policies and procedures.
- To provide access to new technology.
- To provide efficient storage of data.
- To provide a high level of cyber security and privacy.
- To provide disaster recovery, business continuity and data back-up services.
- To provide highly available systems.
- Oversee and guide all technology-related activities associated with the delivery of products and services managed by every department of the City of Medford Massachusetts.
- Our Services is to provide a strategic framework and direction for leveraging technology to create business value. Customer-facing teams for each service group to improve service delivery.
For more information on Support services, City Employees with technical requests should submit a ticket to our Service Desk team via Medford IT Help Desk or 1-888-884-8677.
City Hall: Room 314
Acting IT Director
Fax: (781)- 393-2437
Monday: 8:30 - 4:30
Tuesday: 8:30 - 4:30
Wednesday: 8:30 - 7:30
Thursday: 8:30 - 4:30
Friday: 8:30 - 12:30