- Applications are not accepted via mail; all permits must be submitted online.
- All contractors filing applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Gas permits must register their licenses with the City- please include your driver’s license for identity purposes.
- All inspections are made directly with the inspectors during their office hours.
- Acceptable payment methods: Cash, check or money order.
- To file a permit application, all forms must be filled out in their entirety.
Apply for a Permit
- Contact the Medford Traffic Commission
- Electrical Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Application For Public Panel City of Medford (PDF)
- Before applying for a public panel/meter a Building Inspector must complete a walk-thru at the job location. Once completed and approved, the homeowner must fill out the application and have their signature notarized. This constitutes an understanding that the homeowner will not be adding an illegal dwelling unit.
- Storm Central
- Check an Electrician’s License
City Hall: Room 115A
Superintendent of Wires
Phone: (781) 393-2485
Alternate Phone: (718) 393-2511
Monday: 8:30 - 4:30
Tuesday: 8:30 - 4:30
Wednesday: 8:30 - 7:30
Thursday: 8:30 - 4:30
Friday: 8:30 - 12:30
Sign up for the City's FREE Alert System!
Subscribe to the city's free alert system and stay in the loop on city events, important news, and services!