- Building applications must be submitted online.
- To search for all permits, past and present, click "apply here" (above) and choose search
- No work on any project may commence until a building permit card is issued to the applicant.
- Any requests or inquiries regarding the legal zoning status of an existing building, or any future, potential uses must be submitted in writing to the Building Commissioner.
- Plumbing and gas permit applications may be submitted via mail, however please be aware that applications submitted by mail may require a longer processing time.
- All contractors filing applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Gas permits must register their licenses with the City- please include your driver’s license for identity purposes.
- All inspections are made directly with the inspectors during their office hours.
- Accepted payment methods: cash, check or money order.
- To file a permit application, all forms must be filled out in their entirety.
Contractor License Information
To check on licenses for plumbers and gas fitters:
Please visit the: MA Division of Professional Licensure website.
To check on licenses for plumbers and gas fitters: Please visit the: MA Division of Professional Licensure website.
Please visit the: Check an Occupational Board License
City Hall: Room 115A
Monday: 8:30 - 4:30
Tuesday: 8:30 - 4:30
Wednesday: 8:30 - 7:30
Thursday: 8:30 - 4:30
Friday: 8:30 - 12:30
Monday: 8:30 - 10 & 3:00 – 4:30
Tuesday: 8:30 - 10 & 3:00 – 4:30
8:30 - 10 & 3:00 - 7:30
Thursday: 8:30 - 10 & 3:00 – 4:30
Friday: 8:30 - 10 & 12 - 12:30
Building Department Staff
Code Enforcement Officer
Plumbing & Gas Inspector
Code Enforcement Officer / Sealer of Weights & Measures
Building Inspector / Sealer of Weights & Measures
Sign up for the City's FREE Alert System!
Subscribe to the city's free alert system and stay in the loop on city events, important news, and services!