2024 Parking Permits Available Starting December 1
You can purchase your 2024 parking permits beginning tomorrow, December 1! There are several ways you can easily renew your permit:
- Online at medford.gtechna.net/permit-portal/
- In-person at the Parking Department at City Hall, Room 110.
- Or via kiosk located in the lobby of the Parking Department
This year when you apply to renew online, you will have the option to pick up your visitor passes by December 31 at the City Hall Parking Department or get your passes mailed to you for a $1.10 mailing fee. Reminder that permits purchased for the 2024 season will not go into effect until January 1, 2024.
There are five different types of parking permits that the City issues:
- Resident Parking Permit: For residents who live on permit parking street (list here). Resident Parking Permits are $10, and are free for anyone ages 65 and older. if purchasing in person, you must bring a current valid Massachusetts vehicle registration or an out of state certificate of registration with your Medford address printed by the RMV, in the “Garaged Address” if the “Owner-Mailing Address” is different, as well as one of the following: Massachusetts Driver’s License, Deed, Lease Agreement, or Utility Bill.
- Resident Commuter Parking Permit: allowing Medford residents to park in designated commuter lots or streets, in areas signed for Commuter Permit parking. Map of commuter lots available at medfordma.org/parking. Resident Commuter Parking Permits are $100. *Note* to obtain this permit, your vehicle must be garaged at the same address that is on your registration.
- Senior Parking Permit: allows seniors to park their vehicle at the parking meters, kiosk areas, and in municipal lots without paying at the site. Must be obtained in person at the Parking Department. Bring D.O.B. identification and a vehicle registration with your Medford address printed on it by the RMV (RMV Registration Replacement, RMV Residential Address Form, RMV Renewal Letter, and handwritten address changes will not be accepted).
- Business Parking Permit: For Medford business employers and employees to have access to municipal parking lots and business parking areas of the city. If obtaining a business parking permit in-person, please bring a current valid vehicle registration and one of the following: a letter from the business, a business card, or an official business document (each document must have the Medford address of the business). Business Parking Permits are $100.
- Home Healthcare Parking Permit: for Medford Home Healthcare businesses and workers to have access to Municipal Lots and Residential Parking throughout the city. Must be obtained in person at the Parking Department. When obtaining a permit in-person, please bring a current valid vehicle registration and one of the following: a letter from the business, a business card, or an official business document stating the employment of the professional. Home Healthcare Parking Permits are $100.
Annual parking permits must be renewed by December 31, 2023 and are valid for the 2024 calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
With questions, contact the Parking Department at 781-393-2463. Find more information about parking in Medford at medfordma.org/parking.