Earnest L. Lindsay – Director
The objective of the City of Medford Department of Veterans Services is to provide assistance, support, and services to veterans and their dependents to access every local, state and federal V.A. benefit to which they are entitled.
Programs – Ongoing
Veterans Keynote Speaker Program: This program links Medford High School students with Veterans in the community for an interactive day of learning.
Annual Veterans Coat Drive: Medford Veterans Services partners with several community agencies and offices to collect thousands of coats and warm winter clothing for homeless veterans.
Annual Memorial Day Presentation: Dedication of veterans’ graves at Oak Grove Cemetery
- Disbursement of all veterans-related benefits to eligible Veterans and/or their dependents
- Ensure all Veterans’ graves, plaques and memorials are respected and properly maintained
- Coordinate/assist veterans in need of shelter, clothing, food, employment, training and education
- Actively participate in all patriotic and veterans-related issues, including lobbying for Veterans rights
- Provide counseling and advice to Veterans and their dependents for referral to SSI, SSD, and Medicare/Medicaid
- Facilitate and process requests for Veterans’ military discharge records (DD-214)
- Facilitate application for Veterans Bonus/Annuity benefits
Veteran's Advisory Committee
- Earnest Lindsay, Director of Veterans’ Services
- Domenic (Dom) D'Orsi
- Dominic Marcellino
- Cornelius Murphy
- Michael Vecchia
- Mathew (Matt) Weyant
- Seeking new members! Read more here.
Looking for a Job or Volunteer Opportunities?
- Massachusetts Department of Career Services
- Veterans Employment & Training Services (VETS) Program
- Disabled Veteran Outreach Program (DVOP)
- Local Veteran Employment Representative (LVER)
Benefits, Assistance Programs and Taxes
- Statutory Tax Exemptions and Explanations
- Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Mass Vets Advisor
- Welcome Home Bonus
- Bonus for Military Service
- Transportation Resources
- Resources for Women Veterans
Honors, Memorials and Burial Information
Connections to Other Veterans Organizations