Projected opening: June 25, 2016 through August 21, 2016
Hours: Open daily 10:00 am until half hour before dusk
Wright’s Pond Stickers and Passes
Parking and Walk-in Beach Pass Fees
$50 Parking Sticker only (walk-ins are not needed with Car Stickers)
$20 Walk-in Pass (access for 1 – 3 persons)
$30 Senior Parking Sticker (62 and older)
$30 Handicap Parking Sticker
Apply for your sticker/pass online (and print your own temporary pass), in person at City Hall, or by mail.
Get Pass Online
1 – Register for a Bill Payer Account (we need your e-mail address)
2 – Select Beach Sticker – then follow the instructions.
An e-mail will be sent to you with a Temporary 5 day Sticker and Pass. Your permanent Sticker and Pass will be mailed to you promptly. This is a free service when paying with a checking or savings account; there is a fee of about $1.80 when paying with a credit or debit card. We match Your Name and Plate# to our Auto Excise Tax Bill File. If you do not match then you will have to apply in mail or in person.
Get Pass Via Mail or in Person (no credit or debit cards):
Treasurer/Collector’s Office room 108,
85 George P Hassett Dr., Medford, MA 02155
Your permanent Sticker and Pass will be mailed to you promptly.
Questions? Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wright’s Pond Rules and Regulations
– To obtain an auto sticker you must provide your auto registration and drivers license, both must be addressed in Medford.
– To obtain a walk-in pass you must provide your driver’s license, student ID or other proof of Medford residency.
1. Operating hours: 10 AM to 1/2 hour before sunset.
2. All vehicles must stop at checkpoint, driver must show license.
3. Auto sticker must be displayed on lower driver’s side windshield.
4. Drop-offs are allowed with permission at the front of the parking area.
5. Walk-ins must have proof of Medford residency and a Walk-in Pass.
6. Possession and use of alcohol/drugs is prohibited. All containers are subject to inspection.
7. Prohibited – open fires, BBQ grills, boats, floats, pets, glass containers, ball playing and fishing in the swimming area.
8. Swimming is prohibited without a lifeguard on duty.
9. Fishing is allowed only in designated areas.
10. Children under 6 must have adult supervision at all times.
11. Disruptive behavior will not be allowed.
12. Swimming allowed in marked area only.
Renting Wright’s Pond for birthday parties and other events
You must have a Wright’s Pond sticker to book a birthday party. Birthday parties must be booked at least one day in advance. Birthday parties are for 20 or fewer attendees (vehicles without pond sticker permits are limited to 4 vehicles per party.)
Please go to the Medford Recreation Department website for more information.
Learn about how Wright’s Pond is accessible for those in wheelchairs or with other mobility issues.