Tufts Pool is now open!
Register for swimming lessons here.
Cool off at Tufts Pool located at 449 Main St. next to Tufts Park in South Medford. Tufts Pool features both a deep-water facility as well as a wading pool. Passes can now be purchased online, by mail, or in the Treasurer/Collector’s Office at Medford City Hall.
PASSES WILL NO LONGER BE SOLD AT TUFTS POOL.
Pool Membership Passes
Children 4 and under do not need a pass.
Hours of Operation
1:00-5:00 PM: Open Swim
5:00-8:00 PM: Adult & Family Swim (lanes will be provided in addition to open-swim)
Saturday & Sunday
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Open Swim
5:00-7:00 PM: Adult Swim
1:00-7:00 PM (Monday-Sunday)
The main pool and wading pool may be cleared every 50 minutes for 10 minutes.
How to Purchase a Pass
Passes will be on sale beginning June 1, 2017
- To start, go to MCC ebill
- You will need to either create a new account, or sign in if you already have one
- Once signed in, select ‘Pool Pass’ and fill out all required information
- Once you have submitted your payment*, an email will be sent to you with a temporary 5-day pass
- Your permanent pass will be mailed to you promptly
*This is a free service when paying with a checking or savings account; there is a fee of about $1.80 when paying with a credit or debit card. Your name and vehicle plate number will be matched to the Auto Excise Tax Bill File. If they do not match then you will have to apply in mail or in person.
Please fill out this form, and mail with check and required copies to:
Medford City Hall, Room 108
85 George P. Hassett Dr. Medford, MA 02155
Provide a copy of proof of Medford residency such as a license, Massachusetts ID, or utility bill.
Stop by Room 108 at Medford City Hall to purchase a pass in the Treasurer/Collector’s Office. In-person payments can be made by cash or check only. Please provide a copy of proof of Medford residency such as a license, Massachusetts ID, or utility bill.
Tufts Pool Rules and Regulations
- NO swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- Bathing suits must be worn on the deck and in the water. Plain T-shirts may be worn over bathing suits if desired.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool. Patrons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or infected eyes will not be permitted in the pool.
- All visitor’s must have a Tufts PooI ID.
- Wading pool is restricted to toddlers and children under 7 years old monitored by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Everyone issued a pass is allowed to bring a guest FIVE times during the season. Patrons are responsible for their guest’s activities and forfeit their privileges if their guest does not comply with the pool rules.
- Only infants and toddlers are allowed in opposite sex locker rooms unless approved by pool staff.
- Children!under 7 years old or less than four feet tall must be monitored by a parent or guardian in a swim suit at all times, in the water and on the deck. While in the water, the parent or guardian must remain within an arm’s reach at all times
- All infants and toddlers must wear a swimsuit diaper or plastic pants. No cloth or disposable diapers are allowed.
- NO patrons under the influence of alcohol or narcotics will be admitted
- NO electronic equipment, including radios and cameras are not allowed on pool deck. Lockers must be used. Towels are allowed on the fence.
- NO dangerous practices. Patrons must not run on the deck; climb, sit or jump from fences; dive in shallow water; dunk, push, pull or splash other swimmers.
- NO spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool
- NO flotation devices (water wings, swim suits with floats, etc ..)
- NO toys, snorkels and masks are allowed, unless approved by the life guard or are being used as part of an organized activity approved by the pool staff. Life jackets must be U.S. Coast Guard approved.
Swimming lessons are offered at Tufts Pool. Sign up for lessons here.View Fullscreen