Open now through August 21, 2016
Located at 449 Main Street next to Tufts Park in South Medford. Swimming lessons available. For more info contact the Department of Recreation at (781) 393-2109. Tufts Pool has both wading and deep water facilities. Facility is manned by lifeguards, bath house attendants and park police.
Pool Membership Passes
*Families must get passes at the same time to pay the max amount. Ages 4 and above require a pass ~ Children 3 and under do not require a pass BUT accompanying adult needs pass.
Passes are obtained in person at Tufts Pool
On sale until August 3, 2016
Monday – Thursday: 6PM – 8:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 12:30 PM
Hours of Operations
- Open swim: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (7 days)
- Wading Pool:
Monday – Thursday: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm* (Extended as part of 2016 pilot program)
Friday – Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Closed between 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Adult (18 years or older) 4:00 pm – 5:00pm (Friday – Sunday)
- Adult (18 years or older) and Family Swim*: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Monday – Thursday)
*Family Swim is immediate family only (Mother, Father, Legal Guardian and Children)
- Swimming lessons: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
The main pool and wading pool may be cleared every 50 minutes for 10 minutes
- NO swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- Bathing suits must be worn on the deck and in the water. Plain T-shirts may be worn over bathing suits if desired.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool. Patrons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or infected eyes will not be permitted in the pool.
- All visitors must have a Tufts Pool ID.
- Wading pool is restricted to toddlers and children under 7 years old monitored by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Everyone issued a pass is allowed to bring a guest FIVE times during the season. Patrons are responsible for their guest’s activities and forfeit their privileges if their guest does not comply with the pool rules.
- Only infants and toddlers are allowed in opposite sex locker rooms unless approved by the pool staff.
- Children under 7 years old or less than four feet tall must be monitored by a parent or guardian in a swim suit at all times, in the water and on the deck. While in the water, the parent or guardian must remain within an arm’s reach at all times.
- All infants and toddlers must wear a swimsuit diaper or plastic pants. No cloth or disposable diapers are allowed.
- NO patrons under the influence of alcohol or narcotics will be admitted.
- NO electronic equipment, including radios and cameras are not allowed on pool deck. Lockers must be used. Towels are allowed on the fence.
- NO dangerous practices. Patrons must not run on the deck; climb, sit or jump from fences; dive in shallow water; dunk, push, pull or splash other swimmers.
- NO spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool.
- NO flotation devices (water wings, swim suits with floats, etc…).
- NO toys, snorkels and masks are allowed, unless approved by the life guard or are being used as part of an organized activity approved by the pool staff. Life jackets must be U.S Coast Guard approved.
- NO chaise lounge chairs allowed. Only folding chairs and baby carriages are allowed at the far end of the wading pool area.
- NO animals allowed in the pool building or area. Guide/service dogs are permitted on deck, but not in the water.
- NO glass items
- NO smoking