Tap into these tips
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth or while shaving. Save 4-10 gallons a day.
- Take shorter showers (5 to 10 minutes will get you clean). Save 3-7 gallons per minute.
- If you prefer a bath, close the tub drain before turning on the water. The initial cold water will be warmed by the hot water added later. Save 3 gallons or more.
- Fill your bathtub only halfway. A full tub holds more than 50 gallons! Save up to 25 gallons.
- Fill your sink or basin when washing and rinsing dishes. Save 8-15 gallons per day.
- Run your dishwasher only when full. Save up to 15 gallons per load.
- Run your garbage disposal only when necessary. Save 2-7 gallons per minute.
- Run your washing machine only when full, or adjust the water level setting carefully. Washing machines use 25-50 gallons per load. Save 25-100 gallons per week.