A family wishing an interment without a funeral director must follow these requirements:
1. The family must obtain a cement vault or liner and have it delivered to the cemetery prior to interment.
2. It will be the family’s responsibility to place the casket on the lowering device. Cemetery personnel will not handle the casket.
3. It will be the family’s responsibility to cover the vault after the casket is lowered.
4. At the time of burial, a burial permit must be delivered to the Cemetery Office from the city or town where the deceased succumbed, as well as a bank check or money order made out to the “City of Medford” in the appropriate amount.
5. The Cemetery’s obligation will only be to open and close the grave.