To Area Residents:
The Health Department has recently received an indication of a rodent sighting in the area. The Health Department is soliciting co-operation of all neighborhood residents/owners with respect to the following items.
1) Keep all trash bags in tightly covered barrels. Replace any barrels that have holes. A hole as big as a dime will admit mice. A golf ball sized hole can admit a rat.
2) Plug all holes in house foundations with concrete mix or mortar mix.
3) Leave no pet food or water outdoors. Do not feed birds, squirrels or other wildlife on the ground.
4) Do not compost inappropriate food waste above ground and only in a compost bin. Use no bones, meats, fats or seeds in the bin.
5) Avoid leaving water available for rodents such as would be found in tires, pans, buckets, etc.
6) Woodpiles should be elevated about one foot off the ground and moved away from fences to discourage underneath harboring of rodents.
7) Report sighting of rodents to the Health Department so corrective action can be taken.
Your cooperation in these situations is of paramount importance to the success of our efforts to maintain the quality of the neighborhood.