Mayor Burke is pleased to announce that several changes have been made to the parking program in the City of Medford. The goal is to make the program as simple and efficient as possible.
Senior Citizen Parking Permit
The City of Medford has launched a Senior Citizen Parking Permit for seniors 65 and older who will be able to purchase one-year parking permits for $25. Permits can be obtained at the ParkMedford office (557B Main Street Medford). This permit also allows our seniors to park for three hours in currently marked two hour zones.
- Residents must be 65 years of age
- Valid Driver’s license
- Registered vehicle in Medford
- Copy of registration with Medford address
- Must stay within time limits for 15 min, 30 min and 1 hour parking zones
- Residents will be allowed 3 hours in the 2 hour parking zones
- Must park in legally recognized parking spaces
- Permit is only eligible when the permit holder is operating or a passenger in the vehicle
- Violation of restrictions may result in a citation or revocation of permit
- Any business that signs up with Park Medford is eligible to participate in this program.
- Business owners will be able to set up accounts with Republic to pay for additional time for customers.
- By adding time, your customer has the benefit of forgoing the normal timed parking limit.
- Your customer does not have to go back to their vehicle to add any additional time to the meter/kiosk.
- Your customer does not need to move their vehicle to another spot.
Park Medford Phone App
As of July 1, 2016, the City of Medford has entered into an agreement that will reduce the cost to use either the Park Medford or ParkMobile phone application from $0.35 per transaction to $0.05 per transaction for Medford residents. It will also reduce the cost for non residents to $0.30 per transaction.
The Park Medford phone app can be downloaded on all IOS and Android devices. By using the App you can pay for your parking at any parking kiosk or meter in the City of Medford without needing to pay the meter or kiosk directly.
Later in the summer, a ParkMedford card will be introduced that will work similar to the MBTA’s charlie card. It will have preloaded funds on it including your license plate number.
“We hope these changes make it easier for our residents to utilize the parking program and more importantly, frequent our small businesses throughout the community,” said Mayor Stephanie Burke.
Park Medford Phone App Resident Discount Fact Sheet
The City of Medford has entered in to an agreement that will reduce the cost to use either the Park Medford or ParkMobile Phone App. The current cost per transaction is $0.35. This will be reduced to $0.05 per transaction for Medford residents and $0.30 per transaction for non-Medford residents.
What is the Park Medford Phone App?
Park Medford has a phone app that can be downloaded on all IOS and Android devices. By using the App you can pay for your parking at any parking kiosk or meter in the City of Medford without needing to pay the meter or kiosk directly.
How do I get the App on my Phone?
Just go to your App store and search for Park Medford. The Park Medford App is powered by ParkMobile. You can download either the Park Medford or ParkMobile App.
How does it work?
After you have downloaded the App on to your phone, you will create a vehicle profile. You will input your vehicle information (including license plate number) and your credit card information. When you park at a meter or kiosk, you open the App, select your zone (posted on all kiosks) and select the amount of time that you need to park. You are done! The App will send you text notification when your time is about to expire.
What is the cost to use the App?
The cost for using the Park Medford App is done on a per transaction basis. Every time you use the app you will be charged the transaction fee.
- Medford Resident Transaction Fee = $0.05 per transaction
- Non-Medford Resident Transaction Fee – $0.30 per transaction
How will the App know that I am a resident?
Resident is defined as anyone that has their vehicle registered in Medford and have paid excise tax to the City. If you have recently registered your vehicle in Medford, you will need to allow thirty (30) days for city records to be updated.
When will the reduced transaction rate take effect?
The program will go live on July 1, 2016.
Park Medford Office Has New Hours
Park Medford will be adjusting their hours to better accommodate residents. They will be shortening their days on Fridays and staying open later in the evening on two days. This will go into effect the week of July 11th. Here is the new schedule: