Mayor Burke has identified several boards and commissions in the City of Medford that have vacancies as of 2016.
Currently, the following boards and commissions have one vacancy: Civic Auditorium and Convention Center Commission, Commissioner of Trust Funds, Community Development Board, Housing Authority, and Board of Assessors.
- The Civic Auditorium and Convention Center Commission is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of the Chevalier Theatre. The Chevalier Theatre is a historical landmark for the city and a cultural icon for the community.
- The Commissioner of Trust Funds manages existing trusts within City government.
- The Community Development Board seeks to improve the quality of life in Medford by enhancing business development, housing development, transportation and opportunities for residents among other priorities.
- The Housing Authority works to provide quality housing for low-income, elderly, and disabled individuals in Medford.
- The Board of Assessors annually values property in Medford and renders decisions on abatements.
The following boards and commissions have two vacancies: Library Trustees and the Board of Appeals.
- The Library Trustees are responsible for organizing, developing and coordinating the community with library services, upcoming events, and programs.
- The Board of Appeals is seeking two associate members. The Board of Appeals is a quasi-judicial board that renders decisions on zoning appeals and variances.
“I’m excited to announce these open positions on Medford boards and commissions this year,” Mayor Stephanie M. Burke said. “These are key opportunities for members of the community to be involved in their government. We hope to engage a cross-section of individuals to reflect the diversity in our community.”
We are also actively looking for the City’s appointment to the Massport Authority Community Advisory Committee. It is required that this appointment be versed in airport operations, environmental affairs, labor relations, public health or port operations. In light of recent changes by the FAA to flight paths over Medford, this appointment will play an integral role in connecting community issues to MassPort.
Letters of interest and resumes should be submitted to Linda Coletti in the Office of Mayor Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Medford City Hall, Office of the Mayor, Room 202 85 George P. Hassett Drive, Medford, MA 02155.