The City of Medford is pleased to announce that Residential, Residential Commuter and Business Permits will remain at their current price structure of ten and one hundred dollars, respectively, for the first year. In addition, one hour time zones throughout the city will increase to two hour time zones. The following contains the latest updates:
The on-street meter and neighborhood enforcement program is underway and scheduled to “go live” in mid January, 2015.
Highlights of the parking enforcement program include: Pay-by-Plate Technology, solar powered multi-space kiosks and a rate structure of $1/hour or 25 cents per 15 minute increment. In addition there will be:
– Two 30 minute free parking spaces and Four paid single space meter spots in each district in addition to the kiosks
– Kiosks on Playstead Road (Commuter on street) and along Boston Avenue by Tufts will have a daily max rate of $5.00.
– Ambassador Program in the districts one week prior to implementation to guide consumers
– $250,000 annually will be subject to appropriation for district improvements.
– City of Medford will continue to be the Hearing Officer for appeals of parking tickets
Meter Rates and Hours
Meter rates are $.25 per 15 minutes or $1.00 per hour in most areas. Meters are in effect from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Maximum time allowed will be posted.
How to Pay Kiosk
Pay with credit/debit card, coins or via smartphone. A Parkmobile app may be downloaded at www.parkmedford.org for your phone.
Parking citations pertaining to meters are $25. These escalate if not paid in 21 days. For more information on rates, visit www.parkmedford.org. To pay or appeal your violation, you may do so online at www.parkmedford.org or in person at Park Medford office at 557 Main Street or via mail to same.
The following permits may be purchased at the Park Medford Office at 557 Main Street on or after December 29, 2014 or online at www.parkmedford.org.
Residential Permits– The cost for a residential and visitor permit or just a visitor permit will remain $10 for the year.
Commuter Permits– Permits will be for Medford residents only. Commuter permits will be available at a cost of $100 per year.
Business permits– The cost for a business permit will be $100 per year. Each municipal lot will allow for business permit parking.
Please see our previous announcement for more information.