The City of Medford is announcing that the on-street meter and enforcement program is underway and scheduled to “go live” in mid January 2015.
Over the past few weeks Republic Parking System, the City’s vendor, has been marking out meter locations and preparing the installations for the parking kiosks throughout the City. Beginning on December 16th, they began placing the kiosks on the ground and completed phase one of installation on December 19th. A complete map of the meter locations is available at www.parkmedford.org in addition to other important information such as pay-by-phone and parking kiosk operations.
While the kiosks are in the ground, the City of Medford is not charging for parking at this time. All of the meters will be bagged to prevent individuals from paying the machines. If you want to see how the machines work, please view the video here. Also, Republic Parking System has been meeting with the various business owners and residents over the past week. We would like to thank the Chamber of Commerce for facilitating these information sessions.
Residential permits will be available for purchase online by December 23rd and through the Parking Management Office at 557 Main Street beginning on December 29th. The cost for a residential and visitor permit or just a visitor permit will remain $10 for the year.
Commuter permits- Updated Dec. 23rd Commuter permits will be for Medford residents only. Commuter permits will be available at a cost of $100 for the first year. Commuter permits will be available for purchase at the Parking Management Office at 557 Main Street beginning on December 29. You can also purchase your commuter permit online at www.parkmedford.org.
Business permits- Updated Dec. 23rd Business permits will be available for purchase at the Parking Management Office at 557 Main Street beginning on December 29th. You can also purchase your business permit online at www.parkmedford.org. The cost for a business permit will be $100 for the first year. Each municipal lot will allow for business permit parking.
Below is the projected timeline for implementation of the parking meter program:
– Phase One parking kiosk installation completed by December 19
– Parking Management Office open on December 29 at 557 Main Street in Medford
– Phase Two parking kiosk installation completed by January 2, 2015
– Signage for parking meters hung throughout the City on January 3 and 4
– Brochure to be mailed city wide prior to “go live”
– Ambassador Program on the street one week prior to implementation
– Pay for parking begins mid January. Further info to follow.
Highlights of the parking enforcement program include: pay-by-plate technology, solar powered multi-space kiosks and a rate structure of $1/hour or 25 cents per 15 minute increment. In addition there will be:
– Two 30 minute free parking spaces in West Medford Business District; South Medford Business District; Hillside Business District; Haines Square, and Medford Square
– Four paid single space meter spots in each of the above listed districts in addition to the kiosks
– Kiosks on Playstead Road (Commuter on street) and along Boston Avenue by Tufts will have a daily max rate of $5.00
For additional information on the parking program, please visit www.parkmedford.org or contact the Parking Management office after December 22nd by phone at 781-874-0051. The office will open for visitors on December 29th. You can also email for information at email@example.com.